The Year in Exclamation!

The messages are here! last day! party! countdown!! 

Too much exclamation right? As the year comes to its final countdown, many of us start looking for the perspective for the whole year. My Google page is flaring, and WhatsApp and telegram messages are full of Yeah! Hooray!! New year!!!

Every year, the older I get, the more confusing celebration hits me, it is just another day with a different year, that’s the same old, nothing is going to change, but we love to celebrate. 

I keep my introverted nature aside for the night, so I can be with my kid and let him enjoy the labelled happiness given to us by the generations for welcoming a new year and saying bye to the one we have seen and lived.

Ah! the perspective!! This is how I give an imaging twist at the end of the year. I like to vision a jungle, in my case a beautiful jungle (you are free to imagine the beauty of your forest, aka jungle, or a resort, please be free). The path I see is very long, I am not able to see the end, it is just a clean path, nothing to stop me, now I turn around and look at the one I just walked past.

Ooo, this gets intriguing here, my jungle is misty with a gorgeous lake on one side and tall green trees on another side. Now, I see a fire in the jungle, this is the part where I cried the most, was sad as I had no job, or was unhappy because my dear father is sick. 

Beautiful swans are swimming, and birds are chirping on the other side of the lake, here I see all the happiness my son brought to me and how every little thing he does makes me look forward to the next day merrily.

There are vines on the lakeside, with flowers both blossoming and some on the ground, here I see how I lost friends and family and gained some too. Snakes are slithering out from the wilderness, they are the worries of life, the usual ones, the ones we get as we age. 

I am still glancing at the past year, the path was a part of my life, and I lived it, and now I am ready to turn around and start wandering again, maybe in a forest, maybe not.

So, we are ready to celebrate something new, endeavouring to find the same old happiness with lots of Instagram intellectual quotes. It has been too much on everyone’s plate over the last two years, and people deserve to celebrate, the richer you are, the better the extravaganza be, and why not, they have made it and have all the right to rub it on others’ faces.

Some wise man had said to me once, and I quote, “We all are here to EAT, and everything else is concatenated around it.”


Happy New Year!

Enjoy!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

War - Conflict or Solution

Pumpkin flower fritters (pakora)

Spooktacular Shenanigans: Halloween Takes Over India!